Thursday, 16 October 2014
Classic Road Safety Poster Still Relevant Today
Published in 1975 by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), it was widely circulated to help raise awareness of overtaking at speed.
It's very well designed, and still shows how overtaking can result in a 'close call' - or worse - a death on the roads.
Although the number of road traffic accidents has reduced significantly over the last few decades, sadly there are still too many deaths caused by speed - and reckless driving.
All too often we see bikers weaving at speed in and out of cars, taking chances and narrowly avoiding vehicles coming in the opposite direction.
It seems that this poster is still as relevant today as it was almost sixty years ago.
You can get yourself a copy of this poster on the Classic Motorcycle website. They're printed in full colour, measure 51x75cm and cost just £15.
- Traffic Update featured on Data.gov Website
- Northumberland ranked poorest for road safety
- New mobile-optimised pages
- Beaulieu Parish Council Embeds Our Traffic Service...
- Classic Road Safety Poster Still Relevant Today
- NHS Dumfries & Galloway Find Us 'Useful'
- Jaguar XE Ready For Pre-Order Sales
- Three illegal immigrants arrested for walking alon...
- School run offenders to be punished
- Car passengers face toxic risk
- Driver warning for Apple Watch buyers
- ▼ October (11)